●首页 加入收藏 网站地图 热点专题 网站搜索 [RSS订阅] [WAP访问]  
语言选择:
英语联盟 | www.enun.cn
英语学习 | 英语阅读 | 英语写作 | 英语听力 | 英语语法 | 综合口语 | 考试大全 | 英语四六 | 英语课堂 | 广播英语 | 行业英语 | 出国留学
品牌英语 | 实用英语 | 英文歌曲 | 影视英语 | 幽默笑话 | 英语游戏 | 儿童英语 | 英语翻译 | 英语讲演 | 求职简历 | 奥运英语 | 英文祝福
背景:#EDF0F5 #FAFBE6 #FFF2E2 #FDE6E0 #F3FFE1 #DAFAF3 #EAEAEF 默认  
阅读内容

四六级听力常用短语

[日期:2010-06-14]   [字体: ]
  四六级听力常用短语

1) take a rain check 改天吧

  Model: [1998.8.北美(29)]

  -- Can you come over for dinner tonight? (今天晚上来吃饭好吗?)

  -- I'm up to my ears in work, so I'll have to take a rain check.(我工作很忙,改日吧。


  2) lost count 弄不清楚

  Model: [2000.1.(21)]

  -- Ever since your girlfriend moved to Bridgeport, you are always driving there. How many trips a week do you make anyway?(自从你的女友搬到Bridgeport,你老是开车去看她。一周去几次啊?)

  --I have lost count, but I can do it with my eyes closed.(搞不清楚了,但我闭着眼也能摸过去。)

  3) be in another world 精神恍惚;魂不守舍

  Model: [1996.5.(25)]

  -- Pete's really out of it these days.(Pete 这几天有点心不在焉。)

  -- Yeah, I know. Ever since he met Ann, he's been in another world.(我同意。自从他遇见Ann, 他就魂不守舍了。)

  4) make yourself at home 随意,随便

  Model: [1999.8.(7)]

  -- Do you mind if I take off my jacket?(你介意我脱下夹克吗?)

  -- Of course not, make yourself at home.(当然不介意,随意一点!)

  5) save your breath 省口气吧;别白费口舌了

  Model: [1995.10.(14)]

  -- Hey? John! John!(嘿,John! John!)

  -- Save your breath. He"s out of earshot.(省口气吧。他已经听不到了。)

  6) make sense 有意义,理解

  Model: [1999.1.(29)]

  -- The plot of that movie is hard to follow.(那部电影的情节很难跟得上。)

  -- It makes more sense the second time.(再看一遍就理解了。)

  7) cost sb. an arm and a leg 非常昂贵

  Model: [1999。1。(4)]

  --Did you see the diamond ring Bill gave to Linda?(你看到Bill送给Linda的钻戒了吗?)

  --I sure did. It must have cost him an arm and a leg.(当然了。那一定很昂贵。)

  8) burn a hole in one's pocket 很快地被花光

  Model: [1997.10 ]

  --Have you saved enough to buy that new printer for your computer yet? (你攒足钱给你的电脑买一台新打印机了吗?)

  --You know money seems to be burning a hole in my pocket lately . Maybe next month. (这几个月我花钱如流水。也许下个月吧。)

  9)fill one's shoes 很好地顶替;令人满意地替代

  Model: [1997.8.]

  --Have you heard that Professor Jones is retiring? (你听说Jones教授要退休了吗?)

  --Yes. The faculty won't find anyone to fill her shoes. (是的。学校将很难找到合适的人来代替她。)

  10)is ice cold 表示理所当然

  Model: [1995.10.]

  --Does Prof. Ford always come to class? (Ford教授总是来上课吗?)

  --Is ice cold? (当然了。)

  11)like apples and oranges 用来表示无法相比的事物

  Model: [1997.1.]

  --Which game do you think is more difficult to learn, chess or bridge? (你认为桥牌和象棋哪个更难学?)

  --They are like apples and oranges. (它俩没法比较。)

  12)look for a needle in a hay stack 大海捞针

  Model: [1990.1.]

  --We are supposed to meet John here at the train station. (我们要在火车站接John。)

  --That's like looking for a needle in a hay stack . (那可真是大海捞针。)

  13)lose one's train of 忘记

  Model: [1995.1.]

  --When you interrupted me, you made me lose my train of thought. (你打断了我的思考,我忘记我在想什么了。)

  14)meet each other half way 相互妥协,让步

  Model: [1992.8.]

  --My chemistry project is in trouble because my partner and I had totally different ideas about how to proceed. (我的化学课题出问题了。在进展问题上,我与我的合作者意见完全不同。)

  --You should try to meet each other half way. (你们应该相互妥协。)

  15)on the dot 准时;正点

  Model: [1992.8.]

  --Did you and Amanda really meet exactly five minutes to two in front of the theatre? (你和Amanda确实在差5分两点的时候到达剧院门口了吗?)

  --Yes, we were both there on the dot. (是的,我俩都准点到达。)

  16)once and for all 最后一次;干脆

  Model: [1996.1.]

  --I am going to tell that neighbor of mine to turn down that music once and for all.(我要最后一次告诉我那个邻居把音乐声关小。)

  --I see why you are angry. But I've always found that the polite route is the most effective. (我明白你为什么恼火。但我总觉得礼貌的方式是最有效的。)

  17)out of earshot 不在听力所及范围

  Model: [1995.10.]

  --Hey? John! John! (嗨! John! John! )

  --Save your breath. He's out of earshot. (省口气吧,他听不见。)

  18)out of this world 非常好

  Model: [1995.10.]

  --Have you tried Susan's apple pie? (你试过Susan的苹果派吗?)

  --I got the last piece. And it was out of this world. (我拿到最后一块。好吃极了。)

  19)play by ear 随机应变,视情形而定

  Model: [1989.8.]

  --Marty, are you doing anything special for your presentation in political science tomorrow? (Marty,你在为明天的政治学演讲准备与众不同的材料吗?)

  --Not really, because the class so often turns into a discussion, I've decided to play it by ear. (不。那门课常常最后变成讨论。我决定视情形而定。)

  20) ring a bell 令人想起某件事;听起来耳熟

  Model: [1992.10.]

  --That name just doesn't ring a bell with me. (那个名字我一点也不熟。)

  21)share a common outlook 有共同的观点

  Model: [1991.1.]

  --Jeff and Alan share a common outlook on life. (Jeff 和Alan对于生活有共同的观点。)

  22)six of one and half-a-dozen of the other 半斤八两;没什么区别

  Model: [1989.1.]

  --I can't decide whether to take anthropology or geology this term. (我决定不了这学期是选人类学还是地理课。)

  --It's six of one and half-a-dozen of the other. (两门无甚差别。)

  23)stick around 在附近逗留或等待

  Model: [1995.5.]

  --Leaving the party so soon? We're just getting ready to cut the cake. (这么早就要走?我们刚准备要切蛋糕。)

  --Sorry, I can't stick around. (对不起,我不能继续待在这儿了。)

  24)stick with 继续做,坚持

  Model: [1996.8.]

  --I wonder what this new flavor of ice cream tastes like? (我想知道这种新的冰激凌是什么味道?)

  --I tried it last week. If I were you, I would stick with an old favorite. (上周我吃过,若我是你,我会继续吃以前爱吃的那种。)

  25)straighten out 扯平;结清

  Model: [1996.1.]

  --I almost forgot. I still owe you ten dollars from the other night. Do you have change for a twenty? (我差点忘了。不久前的一个晚上我借了你10块钱,到现在还没还呢,你现在能找开20元的吗?)

  --Oh, not at the moment. Let's just straighten it out some other time. (哦,现在不能。以后再结清吧。)

  26)toss and turn (身体)翻来覆去(通常表示难以入睡)

  Model: [1993.1.]

  --Last night I tossed and turned in bed, too exhausted to sleep. (昨晚我辗转反侧,怎么也睡不着)

  27)turn one's back (在别人遇到困难时)不愿帮助

  Model: [1990.10.]

  --He'll turn his back on me if I ask for money. (我若向他借钱,他就会不理我。)

  28)under the weather 身体不适,生病

  Model: [1996.10.(26)]

  --It's good to see you, Mary. How have you been? (看见你真高兴,Mary。你好吗?)

  --Actually I have been feeling under the weather recently. (其实这两天我身子不大舒服。)

29)bite off more than one can chew 贪多嚼不烂;心有余而力不足;不自量力;力不从心

  Model:

  --I hear you've been taking an advanced physics course this semester. How's it going? (我听说这学期你在上高等物理课。这门课怎么样?)

  --I think I've bitten off more than I can chew. (我是心有余而力不足啊。)

  30)break new ground 创新

  Model:

  --His architectural design broke new ground in the field. (他的建筑设计是这个领域里的创新。)

  31)do the trick 做成功;达到理想的结果

  Model:

  --I've been trying to get the furnace started, but I can't find the right switch. (我尽力想让炉子燃起来,可不知道该按哪个键。)

  --Here, I believe this one in the back will do the trick. (这里,我相信后面按这个键,可以让炉子燃起来。)

  32)drag one's feet 行动缓慢;磨磨蹭蹭不情愿

  Model:

  --How's Bob coming along on his dissertation proposal? (Bob的论文计划进展地怎么样了?)

  --He's really been dragging his feet. (他很磨蹭的。)

  33)draw the line 拒绝,拒不容忍

  Model:

  --Paul expects me to clean the room every week. (Paul想让我每周打扫房间。)

  --That's where I draw the line. (可是我绝对不会答应的。

  34)feel down in the dumps 心情不好;情绪低落

  Model:

  --Kate was really feeling down in the dumps about her latest chemistry assignment. (Kate为最近的化学作业成绩感到很沮丧。)

  35)few and far between 不多;少而分散的;不常碰到或发现的;稀少的

  Model:

  --Steve is really a terrific guy. (Steve真是不简单。)

  --He sure is. Ones like him are few and far between. (当然。像他那样的人可不多见。)

  36)fit as a fiddle 身体很健康

  Model:

  -- Harry! How have you been? I haven't seen you in ages. (Harry,你好吗?好久没看见你了。)

  --I'm fit as a fiddle. This exercise program I'm following is terrific. (我身体好极了。我正进行的这个锻炼计划太棒了。)

  37)grin and bear 任劳任怨;毫无怨言地忍受

  Model:

  --Carla,I can't take this job any longer. (Carla,我不能再做这份工作了。)

  --If you need the money, you'll just have to grin and bear it. ( 如果你需要钱,你就得忍耐。) 38)hit the spot (特指吃了食物,喝了饮料之后)精神完全恢复过来或感到满足;恢复精力;提精神

  Model:

  --This Lemonade sure hits the spot.(柠檬汁太提神了。)

  --And how! (当然了!)

  39)keep between the two of us 不让第三者知道,保密

  Model:

  --What I'm going to say is rather personal, so let's keep between the two of us. (我要讲的纯属私事,所以希望你能保密。)

  40)know a thing or two about 略知一二

  Model:

  --Do you think Andy could help us plan the camping trip to West Virginia? (你认为Andy会帮我们计划去西弗吉尼亚州野营吗?)

  --Well, since he spends every summer there, he might know a thing or two about it. (可能吧。他每个夏天都去那儿,应该知道一些事儿。)

  41)leave no stone unturned 不遗余力;全力以赴

  Model:

  --Lynn left no stone unturned in her research, and handed in an excellent paper. (Lynn全力以赴做她的研究,交了一篇优秀的论文。)

  42)on cloud nine 沉浸在幸福之中;非常高兴

  Model:

  --Marcia looks like she's on cloud nine. Do you know what made her so happy? (Marcia好象沉浸在幸福之中。你知道她为什么这么高兴吗?)

  --She just had a paper accepted for publication. (她有一篇文章要发表了。)

  43)on the tip of one's tongue 一时想不起来,话到嘴边又忘记

  Model:

  --Are you sure you can't remember the name of that record? (你肯定记不起来那张唱片的名字吗?)

  --It's just on the tip of my tongue! (我就是一时想不起来了。

  44)reach the bottom of the barrel 用完,弹尽粮绝

  Model:

  --Don't you have any other clean shirts? (你还有其它干净衬衫吗?)

  --I guess I've reached the bottom of the barrel. (我想我已经用完了。)

  45)rub sb. the wrong way 使(某人)有点恼火;惹怒;引起反感;烦扰,打搅

  Model:

  --What do you think of our new economics instructor? (你觉得新经济学老师怎么样?)

  --I don't know. Something about him rubs me the wrong way. (不知怎么的,他有点让我反感。)

  46)scratch the surface 只懂皮毛,很不了解(通常和限制性副词如only, hardly等词连用)

  Model:

  --You've certainly done a lot of research for your project. (你显然对你的课题做了不少研究。)

  --It seems like a lot, but actually I've only scratched the surface. (看上去不少,但事实上我只懂一些毛皮。)

  47)up in the air 尚未决定的;捉摸不定的;悬而未决的

  Model:

  --Her plans for the weekend are still up in the air. (她尚未决定如何度过这个周末。)

  48)wear and tear 磨损;消耗

  Model:

  --Why do you always put on slippers when you go into your apartment? (为什么你老是一进公寓就穿上拖鞋?)

  --It saves wear and tear on the carpet. (拖鞋不磨损地毯。)

  49)with flying colors 大获全胜;胜利地

  Model:

  --How did Ellen do on her Ancient History exam? (Ellen古代史考得怎么样?)

  --She passed with flying colors. (她考得好极了。)

  50)get off on the wrong foot 开始就不顺利;一开始就犯了个错误

  Model: [1995.5.]

  --I hate to get off on the wrong foot. (我讨厌一开始就犯错误。)

  51)get on someone's nerves 使人不安,使人心烦

  Model: [1996.8.]

     --Why did you come to the meeting late? I left a message with your roommate about the time change. (为什么你开会迟到?我让你的同屋告诉你改时间的事了。)

  --She has a very short memory and it really gets on my nerves sometimes. (她记性不好,有时真让我心烦。)

  52)give someone a break 不要去管,饶了某人吧

  Model: [1994.5.]

  --Give me a break. I'm nervous enough as it is. (不要管我,我已经够紧张了。)

  53)head and shoulders above (在…方面)强于某人

  Model: [1991.10.]

  --In computer programming, Susan is head and shoulders above the rest of us.(在计算机编程上,Susan比我们强。)

  54)in the red 赤字,负债

  Model: [1996.5.]

  --So far the clubs are about three hundred dollars in the red, and we still have four months to go before membership renewal. ( 到目前为止,俱乐部有300元赤字,然而还有4个月才到交会员费的时间。)

  --Well, we may have to raise our dues.(那么,我们必须提高会员费了。)

  55)in the dark 一无所知;不了解情况

  Model: [1994.1.]

  --Do you have any idea what this notice is about? (你知道这通知讲的是什么吗?)

  --I'm as in the dark as you are. (我也跟你一样不了解情况。)
   免责声明:本站信息仅供参考,版权和著作权归原作者所有! 如果您(作者)发现侵犯您的权益,请与我们联系:QQ-50662607,本站将立即删除!
 
阅读:

推荐 】 【 打印
相关新闻       英语听力 
本文评论       全部评论
发表评论

点评: 字数
姓名:
内容查询

热门专题
 图片新闻