●首页 加入收藏 网站地图 热点专题 网站搜索 [RSS订阅] [WAP访问]  
语言选择:
英语联盟 | www.enun.cn
英语学习 | 英语阅读 | 英语写作 | 英语听力 | 英语语法 | 综合口语 | 考试大全 | 英语四六 | 英语课堂 | 广播英语 | 行业英语 | 出国留学
品牌英语 | 实用英语 | 英文歌曲 | 影视英语 | 幽默笑话 | 英语游戏 | 儿童英语 | 英语翻译 | 英语讲演 | 求职简历 | 奥运英语 | 英文祝福
背景:#EDF0F5 #FAFBE6 #FFF2E2 #FDE6E0 #F3FFE1 #DAFAF3 #EAEAEF 默认  
阅读内容

《應用英文》生活的幸福

[日期:2007-08-31]   [字体: ]
《應用英文》生活的幸福(三之一)


咱們老中常常談論生活的幸福,老外也有他們表達的方式。在此,舉些詞句,說不定可看出中、美間人民想法的異同,也許還能在生活的交談中派上用場呢!

No one can define happiness; you have to be unhappy to understand it.
(沒有人能為幸福下定義;你要感到不幸福,才能理解幸福。)

Try to live one day at a time and live each day to the fullest.
(過一天算一天;每天都要過得很充實。)
(to the fullest = make the most of it)

Life is neither full of lumps nor full of rosy-colors.
(生活既非充滿艱難,亦非一片美好。)

Where there is life, there is hope.
(只要有生命,就有希望。)

In every day life, try to laugh heartily; love deeply and let the rest roll off (your shoulder).
(在每天的生活裡,盡情的歡笑,深深的關愛,忘掉其他的瑣事。)
(to roll off = to ignore or don\'t worry)
(roll off後面的your shoulder或your back多被省去)

A comfortable life is not always the best life.
(舒適的生活,未必是最好的生活。)
(comfortable life = easy life)

Most people are as happy as they make their minds up to be.
(許多人只要下定決心追求幸福,他們就會幸福。)
(to be後面的happy被省略)

Don\'t be dark; try to be easygoing.
(不要什麼都往壞處想;做個易於相處的人。)
(dark意思是negative or moody)

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
(當生命帶給你酸味的檸檬時,要想辦法把它變成帶甜味的檸檬果汁。)
(lemons = sour ; lemonade = sweet)

Concentrate on the present; the future will take care of itself.
(集中全力顧全現在,將來的事自會迎刃而解。)

Stand up and focus on your dreams and you will find out life is more satisfying than you thought.
(懷著勇氣和信心,把焦點集中在你的夢想,你會發現生命比你想像的更好。)
(stand up = have courage or confidence ; focus on =concentrate)

Surround yourself with positive people, positive things, sunshine, rainbows, and roses, you will feel much better.
(如果你身邊所圈繞著的都是樂觀積極的人和事,或者都是陽光、彩虹和玫瑰,你就會感到更愉快。)

You need to do some soul-searching if there is a small vacuum in your life.
(若是你感到生命中有點空虛,你就要深刻地自我反省。)
(soul-searching = looking deeply within oneself)

If you do things with your head and your heart, the better off your life will be.
(假如你用理智和愛心行事,你的生活將會更好。)
(head指理智;heart指愛心)

Keep up your good work and your efforts will be re-warded.
(繼續好好的工作,你的努力將會得到報償。)
(keep up = continue)

Secret to happiness is to make a life about giving.
(幸福的秘訣就是在生命中為他人做出奉獻。)
(giving後面省去to others)

Be glad of life because it gives us the chance to love, to work, to play and to look up at the stars.
(要為生命而喜樂,因為它給我們機會去關愛,去工作,去玩樂,以及觀賞天上的星星。)

Carpe diem; you don\'t know what may happen to-morrow.
(把握今朝;你不知道明天會怎樣。)
(carpe diem是拉丁文 = seize the day = enjoy the day)

There is no need to worry about things you cannot control.
(不必為你無法控制的事而苦惱。)

Let your life philosophy be "the glass is half full" rather than "half empty."
(你的人生哲學,要樂觀,不要悲觀。)
(「半杯滿」指樂觀;「半杯空」指悲觀。)

If you keep looking for weeds, you will never see the flowers.
(倘若你不斷地尋找雜草,你就永遠看不到花朵。)
(也就是說:假如你老往壞處想,你就不會找到好的一面。)
(weeds指negative ; flowers指positive)

Be a life of the party and not a party-pooper.
(做個喜愛社交,對人友善的人,而非常常埋怨,令人掃興。)
(life of the party = being active and friendly to others ; party- pooper=negative or complaining)

Life and happiness are not about storing up material things; they are about mutual caring.
(生活與幸福,不是為了儲存物質,而是彼此關愛。)
(they是指life and happiness)

Try to be happy-go-lucky with your work and family life.
(對工作和家庭,做個樂天派的人。)
(happy-go-lucky指無憂無慮,樂天派)

Try to be thankful for being alive; even a bad day is a good day.
(能夠活著,應該感恩;即使不好的日子,也要覺得是好日子。)


《應用英文》生活的幸福(三之二)


If something you don\'t like happens, deal with it, grow from it and move on.
(假如遇到不滿意的事,也要設法處理,加以改進,繼續往前邁進。)

Your future happiness is in your own hands.
(你未來的幸福,是掌握在你自己的手裡。)

Money plays a part in happiness; you need a certain amount to live comfortably, but more money does not necessarily buy more happiness.
(在幸福裡,金錢扮演一個角色,因為你需要某些錢才能生活舒適,但更多的錢,未必能取得更多的幸福。)

Linking your happiness closely to money is a possible way to be unhappy.
(如把幸福和金錢緊緊地連在一起,那麼可能會走上不幸福之路。)

Simplicity of life will also bring you happiness.
(簡樸的生活方式,也能帶給你幸福。)

With only coarse food to eat, water to drink and the bent arm as a pillow, happiness may still exist.
(吃的是粗糧,喝的是白開水,彎著手臂當枕頭,幸福仍然存在。)

It is not how much you make that matters; it is how you live your life.
(你賺多少錢,未必重要;重要的是你怎樣過生活。)

Living in the fanciest house and driving the best car may not necessarily make a person happy.
(住的是最美的房子,開的是最好的汽車,未必能使人幸福。)

Not everyone has everything in life, but one should learn to roll with the punches.
(不是每個人都擁有生活的一切,但要學習從容應付困難。)
(to roll with the punches = to go with the flow)

Try to be as happy as a clam.
(盡量做到滿足快活。)
(口語)(不知為何蛤很快樂)

Some people feel that happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
(有人認為幸福不是達到你旅遊的目的地,而是在旅遊的方式。)
(station = destination ; manner of traveling = how you get there)

Try to be a sunny person and spread your joy through the group.
(做個親切樂觀的人,把你的喜悅分享給眾人。)
(sunny = cheerful)

Sharing a joke with someone and laughing out loud can make you happy.
(與人共享笑話,大聲歡笑,也能使你高興。)

Fitting in our society is a part of life; sometimes one has to take the bitter with the sweet.
(適應社會環境是生活的一部分,有時需要心平氣和,逆來順受。)
(to fit in 是相處融洽或適應環境)

Even though your wallet is very thick, your heart may be empty and nervous.
(雖然你的錢包很厚,你的內心也許空虛和憂慮。)

To get the most out of life, one needs GREat physical powers and an iron constitution.
(為了盡情享受人生,必須要有強壯和健康的體格。)
( physical powers = strong; iron constitution = healthy )

A word of encouragement can mean a lot for a per-son to be happy.
(一句話的鼓勵,會帶給一個人很大的愉快。)

Just be elated; everything is hunky-dory.
(過得高高興興吧,一切都會平安無事。)
(hunky-dory是呱呱叫,或平安無事)

To have a good life, learn what your "signature strengths" are and use those strengths.
(為要生活美滿,就要知道自己最大的優點,並加以運\用。)
(signature strengths是指unique或strongest points)

A smile is an asset not only in the business world, but in social situation as well.
(笑容滿面,不但在商業上是個資產,在社交上,也是一樣。)


《應用英文》生活的幸福(三之三)


Smiles make people feel good and open many doors; so try to smile as bright as Utah\'s sky.
(笑容使人高興,也能開闢許多管道;所以要笑口常開,笑得像陽光普照的猶他州天空。)
(這只是一般老外說法之一,Utah州天空是否一定陽光普照,也未必可靠。)

Don\'t eat your heart out of your friend\'s success; three cheers for them.
(不要妒忌你朋友的成就,要為他們慶賀。)
(to eat one\'s heart out = be jealous or feel bitter)
(three cheers = happy or hooray)

Kudos to those who have made you happy.
(讚美那些使你生活幸福的人。)
(kudos = praise)

Life is not a dress rehearsal; every moment is precious.
(生命不是排演,每分鐘都很珍貴。)
(意謂:生命只有一次,不能多次練習排演。)

Don\'t sweat the small stuff; life is too short to be small.
(別為瑣事煩惱;生命短暫,不值得心胸狹窄斤斤計較。)
(to be small = to be narrow-minded)

Even if you are an ordinary person, you may turn out to be extraordinary doing amazing things.
(即使你是一位平凡人,也許你也會做些令人驚喜的事。)

An attitude of trying a little gratitude may build your strength, resilience and joy.
(一些感恩的心情,能帶給你力量,耐性和喜樂。)
(resilience = endurance)

Always share in your friend\'s success as you would your own.
(分享你朋友的成就,像分享你自己的成就一樣快樂。)
(would 後面share 和 own 後面success,都被省略)

If you worry about something, try to put your worry on the back burner.
(假如你為某事煩惱,設法把煩惱扔在一邊,暫時不理。)
(to put something on the back burner = to pay less attention to something)

Whatever your complaint is, try to get a chuckle out of it.
(不論你有什麼埋怨,設法一笑了之。)
(chuckle本意是暗笑)

(to get a chuckle out of something = to find the silver lining)
(往好處著想或一笑置之。)

來自俗話: Every cloud has a silver lining.
(意謂烏雲邊緣,也有一些銀色,或失望中,也有一線希望。)

Don\'t make life too serious; lighten up with some-thing to smile about.
(不必把生活變得太嚴肅;有些事可以輕鬆一下,會心一笑。)
(lighten up = relax)

Try to laugh out loud even though you are in bad mood.
(即使你心情不好,也要盡情歡笑。)

When you laugh, you will be ten years younger; when you worry, your hair will turn grey.
(笑一笑,十年少;愁一愁,白了頭。)

Putting yourself out for someone or volunteering some time to a good cause can make you content and happy.
(盡力幫別人的忙,或為善事當義工,會使你得到滿足和快樂。)
(to put oneself out = to make effort)

Stop clinging to the past and get on with the future because the past is a bucket of ashes.
(不必緊緊抓住過去,應該面對未來,因為過去是一桶灰燼。)

Try to be hyena happy with your life and peacock proud of your occupation.
(把你的生活過得高高興興,並且為你的職業感到自豪。)

(hyena是種動物叫袋狼,據說十分快樂;pea-cock是指開屏的孔雀,炫耀美麗。這兩個字,都當形容詞,只是誇張的加強語氣 = very)

Trust in the lord with all your heart and He will light the way.
(全心全意,信靠上帝,他會指點光明之道。)
(He是指上帝,故要大寫)

Try to be so happy that every day is Thanksgiving and every night is New Year\'s Eve.
(快快樂樂過日子,把每天當感恩節,把每晚當做除夕夜。)

Don\'t be perfectionist because nothing is ever perfect in this world.
(不必要求盡善盡美;世間沒有十全十美的事。)

Don\'t worry about what happened in the past; you have the rest of the years ahead of you.
(不要為過去發生的事而煩惱;你往後還有許多的歲月要過。)

Happiness in life has so much to do with the relationship between desire and contentment.
(生活上能否幸福,與慾望和滿足有很大的關連。)

Many people believe that happiness consists in contentment.
(許多人相信知足常樂的道理。)

Mix together patience, love, kindness, generosity, faith, understanding and laughter as a recipe for happiness.
(幸福的訣竅就是把容忍、愛心、仁慈、慷慨、信心、諒解和歡笑拌和在一起。)

My only wish is for my readers to be happy.
(敬祝讀者幸福。)

(全文完)
   免责声明:本站信息仅供参考,版权和著作权归原作者所有! 如果您(作者)发现侵犯您的权益,请与我们联系:QQ-50662607,本站将立即删除!
 
阅读:

推荐 】 【 打印
上一篇:口語的識別
下一篇:口語中譯英
相关新闻      
本文评论       全部评论
发表评论

点评: 字数
姓名:
内容查询

热门专题
 图片新闻